Because even the most well maintained vehicle can break down, NPR offers roadside service, from tire changes to jumpstarts. We also have a number of light-duty tow trucks that easily maneuver in tight parking lots and garages and can tow your vehicle to a repair facility of your choice.
Why work for us?
- Industry leading compensation, including paid time off, insurance and 401K
- Customer service focused company
- Competitive benefits and pay
- 85+ Year track record of service excellence
- Continuous professional training and development
The light-duty driver works directly with NPR ’s customers and dispatch to ensure quality and prompt service.
- Drive tow truck to transport vehicles and equipment around the northeast area in a safe and timely manner
- Jump starts, lock outs and tire changes
- Observe all traffic laws and maintain a safe speed for the weather and road conditions
- Properly follow NPR and OSHA safety standards
- Perform daily inspection of tow truck and immediately report any defects or needed repairs. Adhere to strict maintenance schedule.
- Maintain cleanliness of vehicles both inside and out.
- Ensure NPR location is secure when dropping off vehicles or leaving after normal business hours.
- Accurately complete required paperwork for billing
- Must be willing to attend training and certification classes paid for by the company
- Other duties as assigned
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license
- Maintain a safe driving record
- Minimum 21 years of age
- 1 Year tow truck operation experience preferred, will train qualified applicant accordingly
- Must pass DOT physical, pre-employment and random drug screen and criminal background check
- Dependable and consistent; able to meet attendance policy
- Physical ability to operate the tow truck or flatbed to recover and/or load vehicles as needed
- Excellent communication skills required to interact with other employees, vendors and customers
- Must be willing to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions
Job Type: Full time positions may require some nights, weekends, holiday, and emergency coverage as needed. Some positions are on a rotating schedule.
Salary: Based on experience
Location: South Grant Odessa, Texas